More new bloggers
Jun 22, 2006
Tomorrow and Friday I’ll be filling in for Professor Deb Aikat for his J-140: Issues in Online Communication class the UNC j-school. My topic, naturally, will be blogging and online written expression. I’ll use my Blogging101 intro and the similar Healthy Blogs review. Then, I’ll give the students this assignment:
- Go to Wordpress.com and create a free user account.
- Use your Wordpress.com account to create your first blog.
- Write your first post about what you’re most proud of.
- Write your About information to explain who you are and what your blog is. (Do this in two places: Users, and Manage Pages).
- Choose a style for your blog.
- In another window or tab, visit your favorite online news source and find a current article related to one of your interests. Copy the article URL. Now write a post on your blog about that article, and link to it.
- Spend a half-hour surfing the Net for material to blog and write at least three more entries (one Whatâ€™s New entry, one Filter recommendation and one Journal entry).
On Friday, we’ll discuss their experiences blogging and visit their blogs. Students—and anyone else in the area—are invited to attend the Chapel Hill Bloggers Meetup the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at Open Eye Cafe from 6 p.m. to 7:30. See BlogTogether for more info.
Anton Zuiker ☄
© 2000 Zuiker Chronicles Publishing, LLC