Sound the horns
Feb 15, 2004
Today would be the day that I set to begin my job hunt. If all goes according to plan, I’ll be graduating from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill this May with a master’s degree in medical journalism. As I begin to look for work as a health reporter or Internet entrepreneur, these are the main skills I want to offer an employer:
- 12 years journalism experience, including editing a monthly magazine and writing an award-winning science column
- graduate studies of medical journalism that included a focus on the epidemiology of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases
- expertise in weblogs, online publishing and participatory journalism
- community development experience with the Peace Corps, leadership skills from multiple endeavors, and communication skills spanning numerous technologies – including face-to-face dialogue: I’m a nice guy and I can talk to people.
All my relevant resume and writing history is at my personal portal page.
Of course you’ll ask where I want to work. Here’s the shortlist in no particular order, but keep in mind that I’ll consider most places:
- The Triangle, North Carolina
- Chennai, India
Anton Zuiker ☄
© 2000 Zuiker Chronicles Publishing, LLC